We already gave you a glimpse into the new shows, so there’s only one thing left to do before the fall TV season starts: catch up on last year with the season sets being released this month.
• Blue Mountain State, season two This show has always had an abundance of hot chicks, but sexy Denise Richards added a new level of MILF-y sizzle. Here’s hoping she’s back for season three.
• Toughest Military Jobs, season one This is like Dirty Jobs got drafted. Explosive Ordnance Disposal was an obvious candidate, but who thinks about fire fighters putting out an enormous C-130? The last episode, with the ribbon-bridge engineer installing a bridge over a river from improvised materials, was fascinating.
• Fringe, season three The back-and-forth between worlds was confusing in a mostly intriguing way, but we’re still not sure how we feel about the mind fuck of an ending. If you plan to watch season four, you will need to check out at least the last few episodes—unless they really are rebooting the whole thing.
• Castle, season three The mostly case-of-the week trend was over-shadowed by the end of the season by the backstory about Beckett’s mother’s murder, but we’re just not buying the cliff-hanger. A “previously on” segment on the season opener should catch you up.
• UFC: The Ultimate Fighter, season 13 Coaches Brock Lesnar and Junior Dos Santos took 14 fighters through their paces, in typical fashion. Even if you missed every episode, you’ll have no problem figuring out what’s going on when season 14 debuts.
• Body of Proof, season one We could have lived without the dramatics about Megan’s ex-husband and daughter, but there’s nothing bad about this show’s frequent shots of Dana Delany’s gorgeous legs or Jeri Ryan’s great body—or Christina Hendricks’s guest ppearance. But they recap the basic premise on pretty much every episode, so there’s no other reason to watch.